St Patrick's Breastplate Rosary


Click any photo to enlarge.

ST PATRICK'S BREASTPLATE ROSARY ~ in bronze
This rosary is named in honour of one of my favourite morning prayers ~ The St Patrick's Breastplate. This rosary has a very earthy look, with the overall colour being a sandy, earth colour, highlighted with gorgeous greens. The Aves have 'rivulets' of green running through the gemstone. The Paters contain fantastic shades of green with touches of rust here and there. The ancient prayer of St Patrick gives glory to the Blessed Trinity, so I have attached a stunning medal depicting the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. St Patrick himself, is featured in the simple rosary centre and an Irish Penal Cross has been used, on the back is carved the year of creation of the original piece, from which this vintage reproduction has been hand cast from: 1722. For lovers of St Patrick and all things Irish, this rosary is a gem.

The following pieces are vintage reproduction pieces hand cast from antique originals in solid bronze.
Crucifix Irish Penal Cross. 1 7/8" or 4.7cms. It features markings of Christ Passion on the front, on the back is carved a cross, IHS monogram and the date, "1722".
Rosary Centre St Patrick. 6/8" or 2cms. This rosary centre features St Patrick casting out the snakes of Ireland, on the back is a cross and palm.
MedalBlessed Trinity Medal. 1" or 2.3cms This medal features the Father, Son and Holy Spirit with the words in Latin, "Veni Creator Spiritus".
Pater beads African Jade gemstone beads in 10mm. Sided with solid bronze bead caps.
Ave Beads Verdite gemstones in 6mm.
Construction Fumed natural brass jump rings and 20gauge wire. I have created 'connectors' from 4mm Rhyolite "Rainforest Jasper" gemstones, 20gauge Red fumed brass rings and wire.

"I bind unto myself today the strong name of the Trinity, by invocation of the same, the three in one, the one in three. I bind this today to myself, forever..."

"Christ be with me, Christ within me, Christ behind me, Christ before me, Christ beside me, Christ to win me, Christ to comfort and restore me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ in quiet, Christ in danger, Christ in hearts in all that love me, Christ in mouth of friend and stranger."

The prayer with all nine stanzas is here.

For Australian customers I accept PayPal or direct debit. For USA customers I accept PayPal or Western Union Transfers. To purchase via Direct Debit (AUS) or Western Union (USA, Worldwide) please email me. To make a purchase via PayPal, please choose your shipping option below.

NOW SOLD ~ Many thanks!